QUAZI - ROG - HELP GRAPHICS

delta7

Im starting to get graphical glitches :cry:

When I start any 3d game the load screen goes into like horizontal triangular mozaics.

I hit the windows key , CTRL _ALT _DEL and close game then relaunch game and everything is OK.

This happens for IL2FB, UT2004 and RED ORCHESTRA -

Once in the game I get no problems - so far -and have played for over 2 hrs

I even put the black death track on loop for 30 mins with no problems- its only at launch I get this.

It started 2 days ago - I cleaned everything and reinstalled a pci blower so I know all my fans are clean and working and the case is as cool as I can get it. After cleaning it ran ok for a day but now its back.

the card is an ati 850 . It does not seem to matter what resolutions I have the game at - the monitor is a VP930 running at default resolution and I usually play the game at 1024*768* 32 in excllent settings

I dont have heat sensors on card or motherboard so I cant run mbm to get temps, but the ambient temp in the room is warmer the past few days- Scotlands 2 days of Summer.

I am running the latest omega drivers based on Cat 6.5 with ATI tray tools and I while I was going through the options in ATI tools the other day I dont believe I changed anything that would cause this.

Tonight I am going to revisit ATI tools and check all the options - there is a good guide on here

http://www.tweakguides.com/ATICAT_10.html

If this doesnt work Ill try the 6.3 version which was stable and as a last resort the new ATI catalyst drivers and I might underclock it to see if this helps :cry:

If you guys can think of anything Im missing then please post to help out.

I m at work so cant post dxdiag but apart from updating omega drivers I havnt made any hardware/software changes recently

It stinks of heat problems but I hope its not -

• 1. DDz Quorum

Sorry to hear this delta7, here comes some advise from someone that shouldn't even read this post.

I have CCC with an ATI850 card, with the CCC there is a temp gauge for the card. Could you install this and then go back to the Tool Tray after you've check your graphics temps?

Good Luck mate...Pooka

• 1. DDz Quorum

Sounds like drivers Dave.

If it were hardware going to 2D mode and then 3D would not 'fix' it IMO.

Heat would onset later, failed card would be evident at all times.

Does it do this with the vanilla ATI CATs?

I have the same card as you and have the latest catalyst drivers, and my computer has done this as well. It's not necessarily related to launching a game though, it sometimes does it when I start my computer. A restart usually fixes it, and it doesn't happen often enough for me to go to the trouble of rolling back the drivers. I have noticed that it may be related to my sound card. I can't replicate the problem on purpose, but have noticed that it usually happens when I use a particular program concerning my sound card.

Anyway, this really doesn't help you, I know, but I tend to agree with Roger that it may be a driver issue as opposed to a heat issue.

UPdate - it seems to be a problem if you run a game in a different resolution from desktop - 1280* 1024 - I have moved all my game resolutions to this setting and the problem seems to have gone away for no w- Im also thinking of investing in a better cooler for the card.

• 1 month later...

Hi Delta, I have same card and use CCC along with ATITool to cap the core and mem speeds. I flashed mine from PRO to XT PE to unlock the full 16 pipelines. Just choked it afterwards to reduce overheat issues.

My card runs at around 36 degrees idle and approx 55-60 loaded depending on ambient temps. I'm still running stock cooling.

You may want to consider ATITool. It's pretty neat and allows fan speed adjustments or constant speed at 100%.

TY- I already use ATItool and have fan at max constantly.

the problem dissapeared when I run the game in the same resolution as desktop so I just stick to this now .

the only problems I have sen were the black sky when on a server with me262s on them but I can live with that

• 1 month later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

I suspect it's an nVidia card, and this is a result of driver installation gotcha.

I had similar and resolved it by downloading and installing Driver Cleaner, un-installing nVidia drivers and rebooting when prompted...

But reboot into safe mode, run driver cleaner and clean only the graphics drivers and do a cab cleaner too.

Reboot and then re-install nVidia GPU drivers.