Mission Tweeker available in downloads

~S~ all,

I have downloaded a utility program I created and call "Mission Tweeker" to the site. It allows quick changes to A/C type, #, Skill, and Fuel loads for Coop missions. More information is available in the download description, and in the included documentation.

Let me know what you think.

Shayd

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hi Shayd,

Welcome to the pound.

Well done on the utility, but you may have re-invented the wheel.

There are already a few excellent just so utilities that have been around for a while, "MissionMate" being one which does just how you describe.

Its a nice feeling anyway knowing what you are capable of.

~S~

I have Mission Mate as well, but to be honest, without using it all the time I forget where all the adjustments are. This was a nice clean way to just adjust plane types originally when I was flying with mates in JO and they all had a different one they liked to fly. 5 seconds and the change is made and saved.

Don't get me wrong, MM is a great tool with ALOT more then this offers. This is a specifically targeted tool, and of course if you don't want to use it you sure don't have too! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, in working on some stuff for Beebop I found a bug...imagine that :-X...in that if you selected a mission that as non-flyable aircraft and then selected that group it crashed the program. I have fixed it and have also added in the ability to edit the Briefing. I have added MRUs under Files as well.

Will upload it shortly.

Shayd

Perhaps the FMB Snob's need to learn that you don't have to dig thru layer after layer of waypoints to find the group that you want to increase or decease the number of planes in the flight.

:riot::knight::riot:

:whistle:

lol...to each their own I suppose, I going back to

New version available 0.4

http://www.theflighthangar.com//Portals ... %200.4.zip

Expanded functionality includes:

• [*:2qx7i19p]Edit briefing sections
    [*:2qx7i19p]Winter/Summer map change if available
    [*:2qx7i19p]Update Cloud Type and Height
    [*:2qx7i19p]Adjust Time

These were added to:

Select Wing

• [*:2qx7i19p]Change AC Class of flight (includes non-flyable AC for AI selection)
    [*:2qx7i19p]Change # of AC in a flight
    [*:2qx7i19p]Adjust Fuel Load
    [*:2qx7i19p]Change AI Skill level

I have updated the file to handle missing .properties files in a more consistant manner. :P

I have tweeked the permission settings a bit and will have to see if the XP install functions ok now. :-X

I have added the Text of the different cloud types instead of just an index number.

Updated the install so that under the start menu it goes under "Mission Tweeker" Instead of "Microsoft"

If you have installed Mission Tweeker before, be sure to remove the old install using the control panel.

last updated 8-19-08 @ 7:50pm pdt

http://www.theflighthangar.com//Portals ... 0small.zip

Added in some safety logic so that if you try and change something, or save before you have actually opened a mission file it won't blow up.

Last path opened should be saved for XP users now.

If you have installed Mission Tweeker before, be sure to remove the old install using the control panel.

last updated 8-20-08 @ 3:40pm pdt

Ok it now opens last opened folder, and it saves to the same folder, but it does not save a properties, even if you fill in the boxes.

Do you need to ad a save button, for the breif box?

I've clicked the floppy icon for save but it doesn't.

I think its finally up to par for a initial version 1.0 release and the link is below:

Here is a bit from the readme.txt file:

Features:

You can edit the mission brief's Name, Short description, and long Description. You can also

add in the Army tags if you want, if they do not exist in the long description section. Just

place the cursor in the text box where you want the tags to be placed.

** TIP **********************************

Add [MT] or "- MT" to the briefs mission name, that way when you select it ingame

you can tell which mission it was you modified, otherwise the game just shows you two

missions with the same name.

Summer / Winter Map toggle. If the mission has a map that has a know winter/summer version,

a button will display allowing you to shift the map.

You can adjust the mission time.

You can adjust the cloud type, and height.

You can select a Wing that you want to modify (eg. usa0100)

Change the values to what you want (Planes, Class, Fuel, Skill), selecting each wing as needed.

Click Save under File, or the disk in the toolbar. This will save the file defaulting to the

original mission name PLUS _MT added. You can change this if you wish, but be careful not to

overwrite your original file unless you really mean too!

Now, just load up the mission and your set to go!