Sussed it!

Sid

• 1. DDz Quorum

TF for that....!

I had a mysterious bailout in the week and put it down to me still having it programmed somewhere in the X45 stick software and forgeting it was there...had a look and couldn't find it so shrugged shoulders and left it - put it down to gremlins.

When it happened tonight it peed me off 'cos I was shootin' the cr@p out of Akula and was having a ball... ;) I had a warning something was up because I had a brief glimpse of the "bailout" view of the plane before it went back in cockpit. Moments later I was dangling in my chute and cursing.... :huh:

I had another look at the stick programming tonight and found the problem. As per the game some of the weapons involved the "ctrl" key - so does bailout. On the pinkie, and for all 3 modes, I have engine controls incuding the extinguisher which is keyed to "E" - operated by button 3. Without the pinkie, on modes 2 & 3, firing both weapons is keyed to "Ctrl space" and button 3.

So, inevitably, the inevitable happened....whilst I pressed button 3 my little finger unintentionally squeezed the pinkie....and created the magic combination of ...Ctrl E.

Needless to say my mapping has changed to avoid possible combinations and embarrassment...what a palava   

Damn Sid, you nearly gave me a heart attack! I thought you were talking about last night in SEOW, and that the glorious Luftwaffe had lost another A/C due to CTRL+E errors.

Thank god you were only talking about co-ops/dogfights.

PHEW!

• 1. DDz Quorum

Sorry GruppenBoss, I should have been more specific...it was during dogfight/coops that the error manifested itself.

Aaaaargh (that's how it's spelt Carl), stop twisting my arm...

It was ok during SEOW, probably because I didn't fire my guns.......ooops....if I had it might have been different