NEW DISCORD SERVER DETAILS - SIGN UP NOW - Dogz Members Only Private Thread ×

IL2 1946 won't start in Windows 10

I know it's a dead horse, but I still like watching the old tracks.

I just figured out mine so it will run, I'm not satisfied but.

I have a dual boot so on my second boot I uninstalled Nvidia GeForce Experience.

I set compatibility to Windows XP

and run as an Administrator

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to adjust the DPI

I found this here https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/75655-display-on-widescreen-resolutionscaling/?do=findComment&comment=1291645

MAILMAN

I know this thread is a bit old, but the original poster displayed a window one step short when he asked his question.  I don't use Steam so below is what I do to render the UI properly in all of my installations of IL-2 Sturmovik 1946.

Right-click the desktop icon.  Click on properties.   Click on the compatibility tab.  Click on Change high DPI settings which will bring up another small window.  Check the box Override high DPI scaling behavior.  Scaling performed by: application.  Then click okay.   When you launch IL-2 1946 the UI rendering should be sized correctly for you to interact with it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now when it starts it hangs at 50%

so I key up the task manager to get out of the game load screen then hit Tab and if the mouse works great if not I tab out and back in and the mouse works.

14 hours ago, FoolTrottel said:

How long do you let it 'hang' at 50%?

Mine stays at 50% for some 50 seconds, then another 40 seconds at 60%.

One needs to be a bit patient :)

I left the room for a spell, if I wait till the blue circle starts spinning it it too late to catch it, totally locked up by then.

• Like 1