DangerDogz Move To Discord For Main Comms - Please Vote / Comment ×

Would someone do a test for me please - do craters prevent take off

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Salute

I am away this week on holiday and was wondering if someone please could do a test whilst I am away that would assist with a feature I am thinking of putting into a new campaign mission I am currently building.

I would like to know if a runway has been bombed, can planes take off over the crater marks on the runway? There appears to be some posts about this but nothing recent.

Hopefully they can, which is fine for the scenario I am contemplating, which may sound odd, but I shall say no more.

Many thanks

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

In past versions cratering a runway was a good way to deny the AI use of it; whether this still holds for AI is open for testing.

As for players, craters will definitely put a dent in your ability to takeoff or land…

• 1. DDz Quorum

Thanks Tom. I was hoping they did not impede players from taking off as I was going to put some manual "runway closed" logic following a AI attack at one of our airfields. I was going to do pseudo "repairs" and then open the runway again but if AI bombing a runway prevents players from using the runway (and I think it is for about an hour) then that would be no good for the campaign I am working on. I might have the AI attack NEAR the runway and then if they have got through then implement my closed / open logic.

If anyone has any other test results / comments then please chip in.

This DD_Friar broadcasting from a wet and overcast Suffolk holiday park where myself and the wife probably rank in the top 2% youngest visitors. Anyone for "Zimmer Wars"?