new computer - is it time to buy now ??????????????????

delta7

i have seen this and im sorely tempted

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Intel-Core2-E6750 ... dZViewItem

but iv heard that intel ar elaunching new chipset and that both ati and nvidea have new cards due so is it the right time?

it will have to do for about 2 years or she who must be obayed will flail me alive and feed me to the sheep

it is to play il2fb only really -to be honest Im not that enthused about BOB - I recon it will be at least 2 years before it has a reasonable planeset so I cant see me diving in early UNLESS all you desert il2 at the drop of a hat.

any thoughts?

I agree with Chris. Looks like a nice deal. :thumbsup: You can always upgrade the GFX to what's groovy now later on down the road when prices have dropped. As it is, what your looking at is certainly no sloucher.

Who knows when BOB will be released and what it will need to run it at this point. It will need to be released and then go thru a patch or two. Then I'll make a big leap on upgrading to accommodate it. I have a feeling that's going to be a long while yet. I just made an upgrade myself recently after waiting a long long long time for BOB. Glad I didn't wait any longer. :)

every thing i've read on the 8600 cards say dont buy there pretty low end but if you can wait till the price drops to where it's suppose to be the new 88oo GT is preforming almost across the board as well as the 8800 GTS 640 cards as to what i've read

thanks tanky - I really wanted an 8800 but just cant afford the deal just now, the 8600 will get upgraded next year

I'm going to wait and see if anyone replies in English, and not Borg-computer talk so I can understand something.

JP, I'm with you. It's a freakin' miracle I remembered how to copy and paste your comment into my response. These techno-geeks drive me bonkers. I wish I could wrap my punie little brain around some of the most basic concepts in computer understanding. What the hell, as long as I can install video games and download patches, I'm good:)

Logos :confused3::sign5:

How the heck do you get the other persons comment to show up in the lavender box !?! I told you I'm a computer idiot!!!

I'm going to wait and see if anyone replies in English, and not Borg-computer talk so I can understand something.

JP, I'm with you. It's a freakin' miracle I remembered how to copy and paste your comment into my response. These techno-geeks drive me bonkers. I wish I could wrap my punie little brain around some of the most basic concepts in computer understanding. What the hell, as long as I can install video games and download patches, I'm good:)

Logos :confused3::sign5:

How the heck do you get the other persons comment to show up in the lavender box !?! I told you I'm a computer idiot!!!