Beebop reincarnated as a beatle; a disturbing vision

Enforcer57

As I pulled into the gate at where I "work", I noticed something stuck on one of the barbs on the barbed wire fence. I said "huh?"

beatleimpaled2reduced.jpg

Then I looked closer.....a beatle had impaled himself on the barb, right through the head. I mean, he couldn't have centered it better. And no, I didn't stick a dead beatle on there....this was the way I found it.

Besides, only Psycho could think of sumthin like this. Anyway, my first thought was that this was the beebop of the beatle world. Heh heh.

beatleimpaledreduced.jpg

Actually... (to link it by the most feeble of threads to IL2) I think a FW190 did it.

By which I mean a Butcher Bird did it:

"Butcherbirds are insect eaters for the most part, but will also feed on small lizards and other meat. They get their name from their habit of hanging captured prey on a thorn, tree fork, or crevice. This "larder" is used to support the victim while it is being eaten, to store prey for later consumption, or to attract mates."

If it was, it forgot about it, cause it's still there after well over a week. I think the angle of the dangle indicates an impalement, as it's at the proper angle of an impact if it was flying. And I dunno about these FW190 birds hanging their trophies on barbed wire fences....if these things are around here, I'm taking a Remington 870 to work with me.

Heh heh. :knight: