from that great site "honourourveterans.com"

JensenPark

I rank this speech right up there with the one at the Brandenburg Gate:

General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!

still get goosebumps and a lump in my throat.

Him, Maggie Thatcher and John Paul 2 - we won't see a trio like that again in our lifetime.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Just put a link to another nice video, well it's embedded the same as the Reagan one, that we found on Youtube.

The guy who uploaded it is serving in the RAF, and @ 21 likes to read comments!

http://www.honorourveterans.com/videos/ ... deo-3.html

I think the link says enough ;)

I remember watching that live, as it was on CNN I think. I had just started working at the job Ronnie got me at Lockheed.

Hail to the Chief certainly applied to him.

Lockheed huh?

From '87 through the mid 90's I worked for a company that did loads of castings for Lockheed, Martin-Marietta, ext, ext.

Machine gun parts, Hellfire & cruise missile nose & fin assemblies, tow missile launcher components, ext. We built lots of cool toys of destruction.

We even knew we were making parts for the stealth fighter long before that little crash in the desert made them admit we had it. And when that happened we had already been making parts for the stealth bomber for well over a year.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Please, please revisit.

If you have not seen/heard this before put aside your politics and donate 10 minutes to the memory of those that made our freedom.

The closing words alone make it worth hearing.

The author of the video has now not only joined the site, but he has also put into words why he did this, and he is a Canadian...

C'mon ppl. I count you amongst my friends, please look at this, and the other stuff there, and please leave a comment or two to encourage future contributors and viewers.

A lot of effort has been put into this, the cause is worthy, we make no money from it, and to have the support of our friends (you bloody mongrels) will make a world of difference.