Bulldog saying hello and getting the first round

Bulldog

S! to you all.

Bemmo, who I fly with on occasions, highly recommended you guys. I fly Il-2 and often in the Bf 109, Ju 88 and P-51 and also Flying Circus with the Se5A among others.

I am simply exploring my options as I am with an RAF squadron but am unsure if I am a good fit and vice versa. Prior to that, I cut my teeth with the fab Casual Pilots Squadron (I miss those guys) and then briefly joined, and regretted, The Tangmere Pilots and ACG. 

In essence, I take it seriously but also want to have fun and be part of a happy and functional family. Or perhaps disfunctional.

Out of interest, what times and days do you fly? Is it casual or more rigid in structure. Happy either way.

I am based in London, UK.

About Bulldog:
My first sim (or sorts) was B-17 Bomber on the Intellivision (1980 or so), and then sims on the Amiga and the Pentium DX 2 66. I think I have been flying Il-2 since 2001 or 2002 and have been in squads or solo ever since. Also, I am a book publisher with aviation as a main core of interest. I also commissioned Air Combt Manoeuvres: The Technique and History of Air Fighting for Flight Simulation (2008), which some of you may have (I supplied the chapter on flight sim equipment as I was the reviewer for Combat Aircraft magazine). Think that is about it. Did try VR with the G2 Reverb and Pico 4 but it was not for me and fly with Track IR for now. Keeping a very eagle eye on VR development, however.

With very best wishes,

Bulldog

• Like 3

• 1. DDz Quorum

Salute BullDog and thank you for stopping by to say Hi.

We fly GBS on Sundays and Tuesdays. We tend to gather on Teamspeak for around 19:30 to 20:00. The evening starts with a dogfight map and then will move on to co-ops or move to a public server as a group if numbers are low.

We do not require any formal training and do not require any evaluation (if we did most of us would fail!)

Rule number one is to have fun we get that life takes over from our hobby so attendance is not mandatory for sessions. We also do not have any command structure.

We have a UK base as well as members from North America, Canada and Europe.

I am sure some of the other guys will stop by as say Hi as well.

Cheers

Friar

• Like 1

Many thanks, Friar (I am up the road from you in Sutton) and FoolTrottel!

This is very much appreciated and thank you. It does sound very much like the defunct Casual Pilots Squadron, which I miss dearly.

May I have the TeamSpeak details and I will try to fly with you all on Sunday and Tuesday at 19.30 to 20.00 p.m.?

Do you want me to keep to my original tag for the time being?

With very best wishes,

Jay

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hello Bulldog, I will PM you the details. You can keep your handle as it does fit with us quite nicely.

I am not able to be around much on Sundays at the moment due to stuff going o at home but will try and pop in to say hi if you can make. I am sure the guys that are on parade will give you a warm welcome.

Cheers

Friar