I'm a complete Spaz.

Streak

Over the last couple of months I've greatly improved my skills for ground-pounding. In fact it's surprising how quickly I've picked-up those skills. I'm even getting good at evading. When someone gets on my six I can get away about half the time. Even my take-offs & landings are steadily getting better.

My dogfighting on the other hand just plain SUCKS! I just can't seem to get into the groove & if it weren't for a shaved head, I'd be pulling my hair out.

Ok, I'll quit whining now & just go back to beating my head against the wall. :(

you can shoot me down if it will make you feel any better. I'll be the one flying nice and level and not checking my Six.

Thanks Tonar, but I think I'll just stick to flying with you & try to learn by watching how the masters do it. :)

Perhaps I'll be able to get on skys of fire again tonight for some more abuse :spank:...um I mean practice. ;):knight:

Greenstreaks,

What problems are you having exactly in regards to Dogfighting? Getting/staying on your opponents six, or not being able to shoot him down?

Ummm...every aspect. :rolleyes: Ok, some specifics:

1. If I'm closing on someone I have to keep them outside of the gunsight (with most but not all sights) until I'm very close. Otherwise I lose track of them among the markings & can't tell if they change course until it's to late. Then when I am close enough to not lose them amongst the crap in the sight, don't have time to smoothly pull them into the crosshairs without making the plane jerk around before I overtake them.

2. When I dive on an opponent I loose sight of them against the ground or water most of the time. Then if I do happen to see them again, I'm to close & to far off course to engage again & become a likely target.

Those are a couple of the biggest problems.

One of the first things taught in Joint Ops is not to track the aircraft in front of you through the gunsight. Instead try tracking ahead of the aircraft or where you think your opponent will be shortly.

I keep forgetting this all the time.

Yeah common sense tells me to do that from time to time, but that usually means pulling the nose around until they disappear under it. Then when I check to see if I'm gaining on them, they've changed course & disappeared just to reappear behind me.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Basically I'm doing most of that stuff already & just need to continue practicing.

I've just reached that level of frustration where I finally had to vent.

Thanks for being patient, listening & trying to help me out. :notworthy: