Better AI?

DoubleTap

In addition to making some needed improvement tweaks to various aircraft (Mozzies and P-38's to name two), I can't help thinking the AI was improved in the 46 edition and/or its patch.

I am not talking about the BS way they defy things like engine burnout, but the AI seems to do perform certain maneuvers well and use better tactics.

One is that damn corkscrew maneuver they use while defensive.

I've seen the AI fly the way they should be flown, especially at ace settings.

I set up a Yak-1b and an ace Me-109 G2 at 3000m, and the 109 never let me get near it. It simply climbed away every time. Boring fight, because it could never turn with me or go low either. I gave up after 10 minutes of stalemate

The AI seems to be inconsistent. Most of the wingmen, both friend and enemy, are just along for the ride. They usually refuse to engage anything until thier leader is killed or you tell your wingy to do something.

When making missns, I have to consider that the AI wingmen of each flgiht are just drones following their leaders. It wasnt always that way. At one point, you could order your wingy to cover you, and he would.

Getting them to attack ground targets is also very unpredictable to, but not as much as it used to be.

There are other performance changes that are pretty good, as mentioned.