Scanners

Blairgowrie

Lexmark P3150 Printer/Copier/Scanner. I bought it for I think $80 Cdn. You can prolly get it for less these days. It is excellent!

Even if it broke as a printer I would of course keep it a scanner.

I used to use a parallell port flatbed till a few years ago and I remember being shocked at how fast the USB scanners were. ( I should't have been of course but I was shocked anyway! )

• 1. DDz Quorum

Canon.

'nuff said ;)

Ok may be a little more detail, you are looking for USB 2 and a resolution of around (or better than) 2400 x 4800.

Ideally a transparency adapter too so you can scan in the negatives that you will find that have no prints.

My father is an ex-RAF photo Eng and was a keen photographer (he went to college with Ken Russell the director of all people :)).

He bought the CanoScan 9950F which is an excellent bit of kit @ $400US and is impressed with it's performance and results:

Maximum 4800 x 9600 dpi resolution

Batch scan thirty 35mm negative frames

FAREâ„¢ (Film Automatic Retouching and Enhancement) Level 3

Supports professional films up to 4 x 5 in. for both transparencies and negatives

48-bit for over 281 trillion possible colors

FARE is excellent as it will 'automagicaly' remove scratches etc. and re-adjust saturation (this is also available on the CanoScan 8400F @ $150US)

HP make a good range of scanners too, and Epson could also be considered as they have (or at least used to) unique resolution enhancing technology.

But you know Canon quality :););)