So now ive got all these extra dials and stuff...

DAZZA

After last night im loving the X52.

However the massive increase in control has left me a little adrift. Now i have dials and switches to cover a whole multitude of things that I never touched before.

So far i have prop pitch mapped to a dial, flaps on a slider, elevator trim on a dial, rudder trim to a hat switch.

im getting used to the programming software, and i remember one of you mentioned cool stuff like rocket salvos being programmable (Waldo i think)

theres also a whole lot of info both at airwarefare and others.

so my question is mainly focused on how greater control affects your flying?

for example before Roger hammered me in the face with a hispano last night i think i had managed to achieve a far greater level of turn in a 109 by dropping prop pitch to 0, extending full flaps momentarily and then ripping round at full stick deflection.

however im not sure if this is merely an illusion. I realise that every plane is different, but any tricks on how you guys take advantage of greater control?

also for X52 owners, i currently have elevator trim mapped to one of my dials on the throttle, the only thing is that its really really sensitive- in that just a click gives nearly full elevator trim. can you adjust the sensitivity?

also do you guys really employ profiling and mode switching?

feel free to tell me to stop being lazy and google it..... :wink:

I have had my X52 1month. I also have the flaps on that slider on the throttle. I have been fooling around with flapps and throttle management. ( I do this a lot with my Gas RC planes). I think the is a definite Plus. lastnight I was evaiding 5 zeros on my butt and lasted longer than usual.

as for the Profiling & modes, Tried to do a different mode for being a Bomber pilot, but got impatient. :x

My elevator trim is also on the front dial and is sensitive but not full trim. But I think I saw a function in the Stick programming software.

mode 1 is take off for me

mode 2 is flying and firing

mode 3 is unusual items e.g. fire extinguishers and some views

In mode 2 I have flaps on the hat 1 button push up, pull down. I have elevator trim on thumb rotary and prop pitch on second

mixture is on second rotary on mode 2 + pinky -

hat button 3 up is used for radiator in normal mode and supercharger in shift mode and rudder trim left and right

these are the basics hope it helps