Some New Upgrades To The Machinery ...

DD_Brando

.. and additions to the wish list.

I was getting eye-strain from the Hanns-G HZ281 that I bought a couple of years ago. :huh:  Although it has a 27" 16:10 screen capable of 1920x1200 reso, it's let down by a fairly muddy colour / contrast setup ... so I passed it over to VJ, and set about robbing the housekeeping (again)! With money from the sale of Valda's 24" Digimate and a couple of ADSL routers I was able to secure an Iiyama ProLite with a one millisecond response time and a sharp and clear 'gaming mode' in the concise software. All my flight sims look much better on it.

It was a banking error that set me off on my search for a new GPU. Unfortunately I gained access to one of my long-suffering wife's overspill accounts, all unbeknowing I must hasten to add, and bought myself an R9 280X - the one with the Twin Frozr cooling and 3 gigs of DDR5 VRAM. :icon_sunny: It was worth the beating I took but, fortunately, I got a good price for the two 6950s, sold a bunch of books, and managed to square the account within a week, phew!

The graphics card was worth it all, even if it is just a rebranded 7970 with a few tweaks and better cooling. With the new, WHQL'd 14.9 Catalyst drivers things are looking up on the visual front!

And the wish list? Well, it's all down to a rainbow ending somewhere around here; but another couple of Iiyamas, and a further 280X, for a Crossfired, wraparound vista is all I would need from this unlikely pot of gold  :rolleyes:

here's looking at you,

B   :salute: