617 Squadron Leader, L. S. Goodman Uniforms

benbenny

hi there, I'm new here

I signed up to this site because I'm looking for help with a few uniforms that i bought with the name l. s. goodman. they date from the 40''s a 50''s. i looked up the name and find that it belongs to 617 squadron leader, L. S. Goodman.

can somebody help me please, i can take some pictures.

Hello benbenny.  Welcome to our forums.  You have some old uniforms I understand.   What exactly is it you'd like some help with?

i try to collect raf but just started. i have 5 uniforms and would like to what uniforms they are and wich occasion they would wear them. do you have any knowledge about this?

and i also would like to know more about L. S. Goodman

thank you

I see. That sounds interesting.  I personally have very little knowledge of RAF uniforms but we do certainly have an ex-member of the RAF and a couple of people who do have a lot of knowledge on this subject.

Posting some pictures of what you've got would be a good idea.  All I can tell you about Sqn. Ldr. Goodman is that he was flying one of 617 Squadron's Lancasters when they sank the German battleship Tirpitz in a Norwegian fjord in late 1944.......I think. :salute:  

• 1. DDz Quorum

Moved topic to 'Jim's Place' as it is more appropriate there, and will be better seen and read.

As Sid says, post some photos and there is more chance of feedback, plus most of the guys here don't read so well :D