Don't fly Cliffs much but I like to stay current with the updates so I loaded the new patch but it seems that I have an issue on takeoffs now.  Flying 109, no matter how slowly I apply throttle I end up in a ground loop, usually to the right.  Have takeoffs changed, had no problems before.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Yes GK, they very much have. If there is any wind in the mission you'll find that a takeoff facing roughly into it will be substantially easier; crosswind limit on a/c of this era is around the 10m/s mark, so reduce the difficulty as much as you can by aligning on a runway that gives you the least crosswind component.

If no wind then all I can suggest is keep trying; once past walking speed I tend to dance on the rudders rather than attempt steady compensating input - you really have to pre-empt the a/c before a swing takes hold.

Also don't forget that at low speed-high power combinations you'll need to lift the right wing with aileron, steadily decreasing aileron input as you reach higher speeds. If you have a left hand crosswind this will be doubly difficult as the wind will try to lift you left wing compounding your troubles.

• 3 months later...

The wind direction is shown by the standing boards that depict the runway. I've been told that they line up with the wind.

On takeoff I find if I put in a little right aileron and hold alignment with the rudder the takeoff goes smoothly.

• Like 1

As much as I love my out of state grandkids and summer time I do look forward into getting back into flying this fall (well for me crashing  :rolleyes:)

I am going to start to work on an extension for my Warthog to see if it will help with my wrist. If that will not totally solve it I will try the spring mod.