Please Mr Santa Claus.....

BBloke

I've been a very good lad all year.. Do you think you could stretch to one of these:

http://tomshardware.co.uk/2006/11/08/geforce_8800_uk/

and if its not too much trouble all the rest of the gubbings to run it with.

Pretty Please!!!!

DX10 card with 128 stream processors, 768mb of memory and 384bit memory interface......

Save your kanolies m8, especially if this sim is mostly what you spend your time gaming with. This is just the beginning of the next generation of graphics cards. Your X850XTPE is great for what we have now. And this is coming from a graphics card junkie. And by the time BoB is released, you can probably pick up two of those for what you would pay for one now, or damn close to it.

Plus, ATI has yet to reveal its architecture for their DX10 compliant cards. Although I do know the sentiment. But in all honesty, these two 7900GT KO SC's I have vmodded and are running at GTX speeds in SLI hardly do any better than the one X850XTPE you are running for this particular game we play. The main thing I notice that I get out of it is that it allows me to run the nVidia cards at the eye candy settings I used when running the (one) X850XTPE without loss of frame rates and it would allow me to run at higher resolutions if I were wanting to without much loss in fr's. That's it.

Now that I think about it, remembering back when SLI first was released and how many m8s took the leap and spent their asses off to get better game play, and now 1.5 yrs later with the end of DX9 manufactured cards, they really aren't no better off than if they stayed with their X850XTPE's or 6800Ultras in single card configuration. Now this is speaking of this game we play only. I have no idea what the advantages were for m8s that spent time playing the other games. So it may not have been such a waste to them. But for those that only plays(ed) this sim, from my experiences with running both the X850XTPE and what I have now, yea, it was a waste imho. Unless they went out and got themselves an LCD and played this sim at the real high resolutions. Under those circumstances, I wouldn't consider it a waste at all.