U.s. Internet Sensorship?

Kira

Hi all.

This is a little late in posting, as this apparently was voted on, or had a hearing on, or whatever, today. In any case, I noticed this on the home Firefox page.

http://www.mozilla.o...ID=sopa-snippet

Apparently, the U.S. congress is reviewing the possibility of a vote for a bill to censor certain pages based on links on them. Not just the links, but the whole site, good links and bad.

Keep in mind, please, that the above statement by me is based on the small bit of information at the link. Is Modzilla known for "the sky is falling" stuff? I'm not sure, but I have my doubts. I think this is legitimate. This sounds just like something that those-in-power would attempt to pull.

More reading required, but I thought I'd put it out there, as it's something I had not heard before.

For those who may not be versed (yes, those of you on the far side of the Pond) "The sky is falling" is a reference to an American children's story in which a chick (baby chicken) gets hit on the head by an apple falling from a tree. Said chick then thinks the sky is falling, panics, proceeds to spread much panic over nothing, and has to have it pointed out to him by wiser heads that "no, the sky is not falling; it's right there were it's always been, and it's not going anywhere." The term is used for people/organizations who spread much fear over nothing much. The term "making mountains out of molehills" also applies, meaning to make a big deal out of nothing much.