Fsautostart tutorial

Waldo.Pepper

For those who think it is worth the trouble.

I made it in to a PDF file cause I didn't want to redo it again and store all the screen shots at photo bucket or something like that. It is very rough and crude but should get you started.

I experimented with the program sometime ago - but I didn't bother to make it a regular part of my routine. Mostly because I could not make it start my X-45 profile first .... bugger!

So with all those caveats here she be!

http://www.k9squadrons.com/files/How_to ... ostart.pdf

• 1. DDz Quorum

I experimented with the program sometime ago - but I didn't bother to make it a regular part of my routine. Mostly because I could not make it start my X-45 profile first .... bugger!

A batch file called by FS Auto start before it runs IL2 with the lines:

@ Echo off

COLOR 4f

Echo "Start your X45 Profile now or else"

pause

call enter the path to IL2FB.exe here

That will remind you to start your profile and not start IL2 until you have pressed a key ;)

Does TrackIR need to be started before IL2?

Edited 'cos I goofed :)[/i]

Q. Does TrackIR need to be started before IL2?

A. Not sure really; it may be a taste thing I suppose. I found that it worked better this way.

Sometimes I would find it that the trackir software would fail to start - then I would need to minimize IL2, start TrackIR myself, again by hand - then bring Il2 up again.

It was a pain so this way sorted it out for myself. No issues = good.

I did in the past try Richarding around with a batch file to try and actually start an X-45 profile. For example have it start the profiler software then load a profile with a switch but I am pretty sure it cannot be done. However, I did not bother to actually ask Saitek so who knows.