Hardware Advice

Badger

Hi all,

I'd like to enhance my IL2 & Rise of Flight gameplay, but i'm doubting about getting either a new joystick (i currently own a Logitech Wingman Force 3D, which i find kind of sloppy), i was thinking about getting a Saitek X52Pro. The other option would be getting a TrackIr.

Any advice on what to get? What would be the best option from a gameplay point of view?

thx

badger

If it was me, I would.

Buy a Microsoft force feedback two from Ebay used, you can get them around $30 or even cheaper, if you spend some time looking.

Then take the left over money to get Track IR/Freetrack

(control is more important than view, but once under control the view of a head tracking system is must and once used to, not fun without it)

Later move on to getting a stick that supports a separate throttle. (x52,x45,CH, etc.)

To many people have the X52 and x45 like me, and don't use the joystick for anything other than a button bay.

It would be better than your dodgy Logy stick, but not satisfactory, unless your just a bomber pilot.

Then later once funds come around decide on a set of pedals.

(Ch, Saitek, Homemade, etc. )

Thanks for the advice.

So you prefer the microsoft because of the precision over the X52, or is it because of FFB? Anyone have any experience with the Logitech G940? Reviews on this product are very diverse on the internet...

Also looked into the freetrack option, seems pretty cool, might just give it a go, as the components are really cheap (got a webcam already). Do you have any experience with it? Is it worth the trouble?

cheers

Badger

I prefure the MFFB stick simply because its accurate, well built, comfortable, and it has FFB, but I don't use it in IL2, I alt tab too much and IL2 drops the FFB when you alt tab out of the game. I do use FFB in ROF though, and hope to in COD.

No experience with freetrack but a few dogz have and still do.

Perfessor, mayhem, and jedti used too.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd just like to thank you for the advice, got a nice Microsoft ffb 2 stick for 20 eur, it really is a big improvement over the logitech one.

I'll still fiddling with Freetrack & FaceTrackNoIR, but the head tracking is a really nice additiion to flight simming as well.

:thumbsu: