Rc

gec

in the meantime, while i'm waiting for my gimbals to come from Thrustmaster, i'm playing a bit with my RC Esky Belt CP2. I've also decided to build Zagi flying wing from styrofoam and see how this is going to end.

while i have some knowledge about building lite self-propelled AC i have no experience about remote controllers, electric or gas engines and stuff.

anyone here that is more involved it that?

first thing i need is, in my humble opinion, a RC station and receiver. any recommendations?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Well this is what I shall be getting for the transmitter:

http://www.heliguy.com/Extras/Radio-Transmitters/Spektrum-DX6i/

6 Channels is the minimum I would say, has memory modes so you can have profiles for rotary and fixed wing models.

Any matching 6 channel 2.4GHZ receiver to go with it.

You can use that transmitter with the ESky too ;)

Also look into a flight Sim, ClearView is pretty good:

http://rcflightsim.com/

I aways bought and used matching TX and Receivers . IE if I used Futaba transmiter, I always used a Futaba receiver. Always worryed about interoperbility bugs.

All my kit is old . I have seperate Fixed wing transmiters and Helo Transmiters and used onboard fixed programable channel mixers .

Mixers were required for deltas where 1 servo powers 1 surface that provides pitch and roll.

Modern transmitters are much easier . From the digital display screen you can adjust each servos polarity ,its travel , each end point AND mix it with any other servo. Removes ALL the skill ( and loads of time) from the setup.

Its much cheaper to get a complete box set than seperate transmiter. Look for a deal with transmitter+receiver +3-4 servos and rechargeables

What power are you going to use for your project??

i have an old broken HX213 Falcon airplane with two brushed el. motors. i'll use one of them to power the Zagi. it has controller and receiver mixed on one electric plate so i'll probably have to buy motor controller.

For the TX/RX i've ordered the Futaba 7c wit included receiver. should be here till the end of this week.

I never got into electic flight. Before LiPo batteries it was too unrewarding. Low power to weight ,short duration and long recharge time.

I had a 2ft canard delta with a .15cu inch engine . more thrust than weight and a 1000+ degree per second roll rate made it intresting to fly. Add the fact that it was almost unresponsive in pitch with the engine off made it the least practical of my own designs....But boy was it fun ..small and hand launched... used it often.....

Try this place for speed controllers