If You Want Something Nice........

[rgmw]largie

..................as discussed with Painless at Duxford, don't let the kids on the PC !!!!!!

2 nights I was away..........only TWO NIGHTS, I am still sorting the PC out now 9 days on.. Goodness knows what they did to it while I was away but on my return IE8 only worked intermittently, the sound card needed to be re-installed, Windows needed a system restore to the day before I came away, Internet favourites and desktop wallpapers were gone and the keyboard had become a US American one. To add insult to injury I have only now got IL2 (patched to UP2.1) working again having had a rock solid install for months. (It completely refused to load and finally I have got bored of trying to fix it and removed & re-installed from scratch.) Thankfully all is now apparently working so ROOLZ TO BE ME again !!!

If it wasn't for the fact my anti-virus is bang up to date I woudl be rather concerned as well !!!!

Dave

largie' date='21 July 2010 - 19:20 PM' timestamp='1279736438' post='81819']

..................as discussed with Painless at Duxford, don't let the kids on the PC !!!!!!

2 nights I was away..........only TWO NIGHTS, I am still sorting the PC out now 9 days on.. Goodness knows what they did to it while I was away but on my return IE8 only worked intermittently, the sound card needed to be re-installed, Windows needed a system restore to the day before I came away, Internet favourites and desktop wallpapers were gone and the keyboard had become a US American one. To add insult to injury I have only now got IL2 (patched to UP2.1) working again having had a rock solid install for months. (It completely refused to load and finally I have got bored of trying to fix it and removed & re-installed from scratch.) Thankfully all is now apparently working so ROOLZ TO BE ME again !!!

If it wasn't for the fact my anti-virus is bang up to date I woudl be rather concerned as well !!!!

Dave

Glad you got it sorted :) Sounds like you need a lock and key!