CSI Victoria

JensenPark

Ok, a real odd event at work Friday.

Victoria, being a quiet sleepy retirement and tourist town doesn't see much of anything, except the usual drunk and disorderly.

My work is at a nice little hotel on the water - a few blocks from the main part of town so we are even quieter.

4pm yesterday as I kill time before leaving, someone says there are police on our harbourfront walkway.

I go out and sure enough there is a cop car and two cops - and a large area taped off with crime scene tape.

I ask what is going on as they are on my property. He points to an area between my hotel and the condo's next to us (in front of the condos there is a large pond, with bushes, lillipads, etc). and says there's a body in there.

Apparently someone died in the garden area around noon Friday and no one saw (even though 50 condo's overlook the area).

The condo's are full of old people so I figured one of them fell off their balcony and drowned in the pond.

Cop tells me it is a 35 year old.

I asked if they know how he died.

Cop says "he had a medical problem...someone killed him".

Had to laugh...wanted to ask him who writes his material...but the guy was deadpan serious.

Then the meat wagon shows up (oversized minivan) and out get two Ma and Pa kettle looking types - look like they just left the WalMart (fat, slovenly, old) and turns out they are the CSI crew. Now having watched TV I knew they should be twenty year old buff women doing the work. And after an hour they didn't have the crime solved so I think Victoria doesn't have the right crew.

Anyways, odd thing - and a bit funny - so thought I'd pass it on.