NEW DISCORD SERVER DETAILS - SIGN UP NOW - Dogz Members Only Private Thread ×

Monitor Purchase Advise

DD_asas

i entend to buy this week or next a new TFT and i would like some opinion on the matter.

I know most o u have "big machines" and TFT to go along but that's not my case so i attach a file with 3 options for opinions.

thx in advance.

cheers

A

Augusto,

I found this website very helpful when picking a monitor. Go here, and scroll to the bottom of the page and read the section called 'The Cold, Hard Facts (Specs and Techs)'.

Other than, price, these are the two most important specs for LCD screens I think. But all the other info is good to read.

Response time

Response time is measured in milliseconds. There are two parameters quantifying the response time: gray to gray and black to white. Unlike CRT, the TFT pixels stays put until they are asked to change. The gray to gray measures how fast one pixel turns from one color shade to another of the same color. The black to white measures how fast one pixel can turn to another color. Lower response time is better. This is very important when using the screen to watch video and play games, and has been one of the factors the hard core gamers consider when going from CRT to TFT. Be very careful when reading manufacturer specs on response time. Many will not indicate whether they are measuring gray to gray, or black to white. Also, there is no consistent way to measure response time, so one manufacturers 8ms will not necessarily be the same as another. Your best bet is to see the panel in question.

Contrast ratio

Contrast ratio is the difference between the brightest white and the darkest black. 500:1 means its 500 times darker then white. Higher number usually means better image and easier to read text. However, you must take into consideration that the contrast sensitivity of your eyes are about 300:1. Still, the enviroment plays a big part here and higher ratio gives more oportunity to adjust accordingly. Contrast should be adjusted in conjunction with brightness.

I would also suggest that you just post links to the ones you are considering. Looking at a screenshot of a webpage imbedded in a word document is not the best. :thumbsu:

thumbsu.gif

Ok, thx.

since i don't know much about this specs stuff ( and u r quite rigth abaut the doc attach) here's the link's of the momitor that i saw and think r "able to do the trik" for me. I just don't know wich to pick.

http://www.worten.pt/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=04389944&oid=30|137&c=1235767

http://www.worten.pt/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=04355406&oid=30|137&c=1235767

http://www.worten.pt/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=04322272&oid=30|137&c=1235767

thx

A

For me, it would be between the VH222D ASUS and the W2243S-PF LG.

The only real difference between them is the Contrast Ratio, Price and Brand name. The values of the Contrast Ratio are very high, and you probably would not even notice any difference at all most of the time, if anytime. The price difference is not much. So, it really comes down to which company do you like? I have an Asus Motherboard and even though my first motherboard didn't work, their customer support on it was very good. But I have never had an Asus monitor. LG is well known for building monitors and display equipment, and I have just a small one in my cell phone. So, personally I would pick LG.

It would be even better to actually look at both of them in a store. :thumbsu:

For me, it would be between the VH222D ASUS and the W2243S-PF LG.

The only real difference between them is the Contrast Ratio, Price and Brand name. The values of the Contrast Ratio are very high, and you probably would not even notice any difference at all most of the time, if anytime. The price difference is not much. So, it really comes down to which company do you like? I have an Asus Motherboard and even though my first motherboard didn't work, their customer support on it was very good. But I have never had an Asus monitor. LG is well known for building monitors and display equipment, and I have just a small one in my cell phone. So, personally I would pick LG.

It would be even better to actually look at both of them in a store. :thumbsu:

Yep. i will.

But, i was really in between those two. Personaly i like Asus, my Motherboard is Asus. But, i do like LG, and particularly LG monitors, so i guess u help me chose on this one, Andy. :thumbsu:

thx

A

But the Asus monitor is good too because you can turn the 'u' upside down and it will look like Asas. The you will have your name on the monitor for free. laughing7.gif

Hey, u got a point there. laughing7.gif and, since most of u gents, call me "Asus" instead of "Asas", i may as well change to DD_Asus A_laughing_matter.gif