Default Skins: Is There A Way To Get To 'm?

• 1. DDz Quorum

For a small project I'm in need of all the 'Default' in game skins, in the usual 1024x1024 bitmap format.

Does anybody know where to find them?

Or how to successfully extract them?

(I can open up and extract files from fd_3do20.SFS, but this results (per plane type) into some 1Mb large .tga type files, and one 4Mb .tgb file, with which I cannot do anything..... can't open them, they are not being recognized as valid image files... Using PaintshopPro 7, IrFanView, etc.)

• 2. Administrators

For a small project I'm in need of all the 'Default' in game skins, in the usual 1024x1024 bitmap format.

Does anybody know where to find them?

Or how to successfully extract them?

(I can open up and extract files from fd_3do20.SFS, but this results (per plane type) into some 1Mb large .tga type files, and one 4Mb .tgb file, with which I cannot do anything..... can't open them, they are not being recognized as valid image files... Using PaintshopPro 7, IrFanView, etc.)

you need to use this,

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/topic,1110.0.html

to open the tgb file, which is the one you want, just rename tga, then open in the utility, and save as tga from within the utility. you can then open this new tga with normal stuff, i use gimp.

the large tgb files have the alpha channel saved with them, you will get rid of it when you can save it into bmp. You can also save the alpha channel seperatly if you so wanted, or though highly unlikely, again just rename the file .tga.

once you open the new tga file, with say gimp, you can save it as a bmp and it gets rid of the alpha channel, then i use infraview to reduce colurs to a 256 colour .bmp,and hey presto, you have the skin:)

hope this helps,

fruitbat