does any1 recomend spyware doctor?

Enforcer57

well i tried it out for free, and apparently i dont have as many problems as i thought (i had

norton firewall in addition to Kiero and didnt even know it was activated apparently).

however, i still need some spyware protection. Is this program worth it? or should i get

somethning else? :?:

well i tried it out for free, and apparently i dont have as many problems as i thought (i had

norton firewall in addition to Kiero and didnt even know it was activated apparently).

however, i still need some spyware protection. Is this program worth it? or should i get

somethning else? :?:

For pay programs, I have Webroot Spy Sweeper, and it is the best program I have encountered. I was getting annoying popups even without my browser open, and this program ended that. Spybot, AntiVir, and Ad-Aware couldn't find what this program could. Good stuff.

• 1. DDz Quorum

The magazine I subscribe to, PC-Pro here in the UK, tested a bunch of anti-spyware apps and Spyware Doctor came out on top, and is still rated as their 'A' list solution.

Woofiedog over @ UBI forums had an issue with an older version of it, a patch was available that I found for him.

I use Spyware Doctor, SpySweeper and Counter Spy. All work for me and all find stuff. If I had to go with only one I would probably choose SpySweeper. All are top rated programs, just be sure to regularly update the definitions. All allow for auto-update and auto sweeping which can be done while you are at work during the day, leaving your gaming and work time free to be productive.

My 2 Kopecks worth.

• 2 weeks later...

I used Spyware Doctor for a year and found it to be a good program. It has realtime protection which can be a good thing, but does use up CPU space.

If you are going to go with a payware program, you could do worse.

That said, there are plenty of freeware programs that do the job just as well. I use a combo of Spybot Search & Destroy and Adaware now. Not much gets by them.

Every once in a while I'll pop over to http://www.trendmicro.com/spyware-scan/ and run a scan. The only thing I don't like is that I have to fire up IE to run it. (Makes me feel so dirty). It takes a while to do it's thing, but is very thorough. It'll even dig stuff out of System Restore if you're one of the few that hasn't yet disabled it.

Hope this helps,

Freelancer