storys of great fights

Lone wolf/idiot

i have not played online much but would like to hear your storys. my best is a one on one fight with a

ki43 with a zero the deul went for at least 15 minuets wich ended in me downing him with an engine fire but he had raked my feul tanks with bullets causeing me to bail insight of base.

This wasn't exactly a "great" fight, but it was one of those instances where things work out perfectly without prior planning.

Me, Redeye, and Cannon were flying F4-U1C's (with the cannons) in the role of protecting some F4-U1D's who were to destroy a bridge in Okinawa. On the other side was Psycho and Sged flying Zero's though I don't remember the model. Anyway, the flight was taking too long, so in typical DD fashion, we gave out our coordinates and arranged a place halfway inbetween our positions to throw down.

For some reason, Sged was having some difficulty keeping up with Psycho, so Psycho made first contact. At this point, it was 3 on 1 (Allies advantage). Cannon was in front of me, and Redeye was above and behind me. Psycho charges in on Cannon, and gets on Cannon's tail with me probably about 2km away. I dive in on Psycho while he's distracted with Cannon (who's doing nice easy turns, dragging him along). My closure speed is too high, so I overshoot, but my rounds were close enough to make Psycho break off in a steep dive that I was out of position to follow. Redeye was probably about 1km away from me and dives after Psycho; blasting off his wingtip at almost sea level and sending him into the ocean.

All of this probably took about 2 min max, and by this time Sged had arrived. Almost exact same thing happened to him. He was following Cannon, and I was rapidly approaching his 6 with Redeye right behind me when an AI F4-U1C comes out of nowhere from a 90 degree angle and killed poor Sgeddy in one pass.

I know this doesn't sound like a great fight, and indeed in a 3 on 1 situation it wasn't "fair", but I think it was the first instance I've been involved with where we all worked together without a word. We didn't transmit our intentions to each other, we didn't preplan anything, we just executed. it was pretty sweet.

Too bad I rammed an enemy from behind shortly thereafter.

Too many good squad nights but some in particular that I recall

vs sunflower- me in 109 , him in a yak , swooped and avoided and went round for what seemed like an hour swopping advantage but eventually ended in an honerable draw

flying with BG and someone else in 25lb spits vs 109K - I was lucky to escape a pass then went on to shoot down around 3 of them

me and freelancer in 109s one night with good teamwork- pictured here

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 8251008944

anytime we play the TB3 "man-o-war " missions - I always end up pissin myself laughing

the D-Day night -never known 3 or more hours to go so quickly- highlight was the first map where red won by destroying last object -JUST as the last red plane was shot down - couldnt have been any closer

An example of a great fight I recall was on a "Ardennes winter" map...

Lotsa dd's - hh's playing...

Painless and me winging eachother (in a spit, what else ...woot), keeping the P-47's clear of enemy's (Quazi)

I can't remember which DD's where flying the 190's/109's attacking us...

Anyway....Me and Painless where constantly switching wing, calling out where bogies where, and in the meantime kept an eye out to the teammates (I had to warn Quazi of an approaching 190)

Painless downed 2 bogies, chasing a third, but had to break off, so I come swooping in....the chase went down to about 20 - 30 m above the deck, kept on the tail of the 190, Painless watching my six....and then, while the 190 was twirling to avoid a direct hit, I got him in the engine, and boom....the best adrenaline rush I had!!

It was an outstanding game, good communications and teamwork!