AMD or Intel

Blairgowrie

Yea, it certainly does. Intel rode in the back seat to AMD for so long when it came to gaming chips. I think it is time for Intel to take the wheel now and for AMD to sit back and kick its' feet up. Nevertheless, and even if I had the $$$ to build and new rig with this Intel cpu, I believe I will just kick my feet up with AMD as well. I am sure they have something under their sleeves they are working on to give this new Intel cpu a run. When they will announce and release it is another matter though.

• 4 months later...

AMD does in fact have something up their sleeves. All I can tell you at this point is that AMDs quad core will be a mobo with 2 sockets for 2 dual core FX series CPUs (which are packaged as 2 dual cores per box). Just because Intel has taken the lead in the CPU race means nothing...AMD has made such technological leaps since the introduction of the SlotA Athlon CPUs that I feel they would never be in the back seat for very long.

for more information on AMDs quad-core solution...

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/11/30/ ... uad_cores/