Skinner's help required please

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

hi guys,

I have just purchased a very nice model of a spit mk1 with bob markings DW E.

This is a skin that is in the game already, however, i think the lettering is a little large compared to my model (which is supposed to be very accurate)

Is there anyone skilled enough to be able to either re-do it or do it with reduced (not by much) lettering size.

I dont have the skill or software to, so am hoping there is someone out there.

It will be cool to fly a plane with the exact model sitting in front of me.

just for info the plane is serial no R6595 of 610 Squadron "County Of Chester" which was based at Biggin Hill (just up the road from me). It's duties were covering the channel and was part of 11 group.

It is being recorded as being flown by a W. Maxwell but was shot down (pilot safe) by a 109.

(Dont you just love the internet, all i did was put "spitfire R6595" into google!)

many thanks

Cheers

Friar

Friar,

The problem with these unique, labelled, skins is that they are one complete, flattened image. So further alterations aren't easy.

With this skin...

Friars_Spit.jpg

... you can see that the lettering is not only on the fuselage, it extends down on to the wing roots. Since this is a flattened .bmp image, you would need to paint over the white lettering with the correct camoflage colour it sits atop of. Including the weathering too! Which as far as my knowledge of skinning is concerned, would be a job and a half indeed!

Once the original lettering is 'painted' out, then you'd need the correct font type to re-write the lettering at the correct size. Or even worse, hand draw the lettering. Then weather that new lettering to match the rest of the aircraft's.

Maybe some of the others who have more skinning experience can find an easier way.

BUT... the easiest way to fix this, is if you can get a hold of the original template of this skin, that still includes all the layers, a Photoshop .psd file usually. Then I could resize the Lettering layer, till it matched the size you wanted. But the only way to get a hold of that is to beg the creator for it. Which he might not be willing to do so.

$0.02