How do you get new skins in game ?

Pooka

same as old way I think, atleast thats what I did. Find the right aircraft in your painscheme folder and drop in the correct skin.

Stock Install

C:\Program files\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\PaintSchemes\Skins\P-51 (or what ever one it is)

Or like mine in a custom location.

G:\Games\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\PaintSchemes\Skins\A6M7_Model62

• 1. DDz Quorum

Still can't find the Spit Mk I in the regular Skins folder, there is a MOD folder that goes to skins and has a Spit MkI, but it doesn't take the same set-up.

Still works the same way, do you actually see the MK1 in game, if not use the aircraft installer, to activate it.

C:\Program files\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\PaintSchemes\Skins\SpitfireMk1

G:\HACK\PaintSchemes\Skins\SpitfireMk1

mk1.jpg

The summer folder you see is part of the skin mod that puts skins on static planes by changing the default. The summer etc refers to the map used, as different maps use differnt skins sometimes. Summer is standard, desert is pacific (not desert-those are summer), and winter is winter. You have to be familiar with the procedure outlined in the readme in the skin mod.

I still cant get the static versions of the new planes to show up despite havvnig the mod that does that.