A view from the other side

Dagger

No, Sweden, since they make their own AC and hopefully some hot blonde chick would show up narrating it.

I noticed that there was no mention of the blockade and mining of Haiphong harbor, which they were helpless to stop, and there was no mention at all of the Wild Weasels (F-105Gs) and ECM that severely crippled the SAM network.

I'm wondering if they even mention the fact that the most effective use of of the SA-2 was in forcing our AC ihnto the AAA environment, which is what scored the vast majority of

You haven't watched it all yet? Yes, they do mention the Wild Weasels and the electronic jammers, and the deadly Shrike missles.

And I was thinking about the Swiss cause their long time neutrality, they would be able do to some level headed documentaries.

Salute

Yeah, Im watching them one at at a time as I get time. Very interesting.

The Swedish may not be as famous for it, but neutral is their middle name as well. I don't think they've fought anyone since the late 18th century or some outrageous amount of time like that. They've had some pretty good mercenaries though (Carl Gustav's guys).

This thing is very interesting.

Ok, i watched them all. The Shrike attacks were interesting, but I noticed htat they failed to mention the Shrikes replacement, the Standard, which was based on teh navy Standard missle system (really imaginative name, huh), which used the body of the Tarter SAM. THose things weren't fooled by turning off the radar. By 72 the Sa-2 (S-75) had become pretty ineffective, hence firing them unguided en masse into B-52 formations.

Thier radar guided AA was more effective by then.

Interesting how the Soviets described the conditions as pretty horrible and the N. Viets as being pretty devious and deceptive even with them.

"where is comrade Tram?"

"he's on vacation."...........in a bag.

Amazing how the US military ignored SAM and radar threats until well into Vietnam, even after the U-2 shootdown. If they had started working on countermeasures then...........

BAck about 78 to 83, the Ga. ANG had was equipped with a squadron of 22 F-105G wild weasels and 2 Fs. I used to watch them shoot landings and take offs, and the 105 was the loudest and most impressive aircraft I've ever seen to this day. I only have a few shots of htem at airshows, as I wasn't into cameras at that time......for some damn fool reason. I saw the last takeoff by G models as they made their delievery flt to Davis monthan. Those things had lots of combat time on them.

I think there were only about 50 G models converted and the vast majority of htem survived, despite the dangerous misn of being missle bait.