Any advice on Runtime 0x80004005 Error

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Guys,

Below is the contents of an email I received today from a friend who has a Vista machine.

Hi Colin,

Sorry to bother you but I've a technical problem with my PC.

This weekend I've been unable to receive mail in Windows Mail and as I'm now officially "out of work" I do want to ensure that I receive all email from the agencies.

The error message is

An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'BT Total Broadband', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x80004005

I've phoned BT as I assumed it was to do with the Broadband. They took control of the PC and confirmed that all settings are OK. They went through to a Windows Technical support which found this response

Problems with Runtime 0x80004005 Error?

Cause: Runtime 0x80004005 errors usually are caused by misplacement or a broken system registry structure.

Note: This is also a critical sign of an unstable system that is usually caused by improper

maintenance of the computer

They didn't want to run the fix in case it creates other problems.

I hope you are able to help.

Thanks

Jan

I have had a quick look in google but its seems that it could be many different things, any offers?

Guys,

Below is the contents of an email I received today from a friend who has a Vista machine.

Hi Colin,

Sorry to bother you but I've a technical problem with my PC.

This weekend I've been unable to receive mail in Windows Mail and as I'm now officially "out of work" I do want to ensure that I receive all email from the agencies.

The error message is

An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'BT Total Broadband', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x80004005

I've phoned BT as I assumed it was to do with the Broadband. They took control of the PC and confirmed that all settings are OK. They went through to a Windows Technical support which found this response

Problems with Runtime 0x80004005 Error?

Cause: Runtime 0x80004005 errors usually are caused by misplacement or a broken system registry structure.

Note: This is also a critical sign of an unstable system that is usually caused by improper

maintenance of the computer

They didn't want to run the fix in case it creates other problems.

I hope you are able to help.

Thanks

Jan

I have had a quick look in google but its seems that it could be many different things, any offers?

Plenty but none that should be posted here :);)

As the email has mentioned could be a multitude of things from RAM to PSU to a stuffed registry.