Word for today....

BBloke

Bafflegab

Incomprehensible or pretentious verbiage.

This word hit the newspapers and public notice on 19 January 1952, the day after a plaque was presented to its inventor to mark his creation of this invaluable word. He was Milton A Smith, assistant general counsel for the US Chamber of Commerce. It was presented by Michael V DiSalle, the head of the Office of Price Stabilization, who rejoiced in the title of Price Stabilizer. (Where are people like this when you need them?)

Milton Smith coined the word in a piece he wrote for the Chamber’s weekly publication, Washington Report, which criticised the OPS for the bureaucratic language it used in one of its price orders. This was picked up by the Bellingham Herald in Washington State, which wrote an editorial about it, saying “Gobbledegook is mouth-filling, but it lacks the punch of bafflegab. The inventor of that one deserves an award.â€

Bafflegab

Isn't the definition also an example itself? Why do lexiconographers do such silly things??

Also, why is monosyllabic such a polysyllabic word when it describes something so small???

I hate language arts....

Bafflegab

Isn't the definition also an example itself? Why do lexiconographers do such silly things??

Also, why is monosyllabic such a polysyllabic word when it describes something so small???

I hate language arts....

Its for us simple folk.. or rather just me. :)

I hate language.. unless its some PC related.. here's another

Crapulence

Excessive indulgence, or the sickness resulting from same. or

excessive indulgence in food or drink.