Lawyer Joke

Lawyer Joke

A very wealthy man lay on his death bed. His doctor, priest, and lawyer were at his side.

"My dying wish," he gasped, "is for you...to split my money...in thirds. As they lower...my casket...each of you take...a third and throw it...into the grave."

The fateful day came. As the man's casket was lowered into the ground, the doctor took a large bag and dumped its contents. Thousands of loose bills fluttered down into the grave. The priest hefted his bag and did the same. The lawyer stepped up and threw in a thin, sealed envelope.

Later, during the wake, the three found themselves together, discussing the old man. It was evident that something was bothering the priest. His conscience finally getting the better of him, he confessed to the others.

"I must tell you." he began. "I could not bear the thought of all that money going to waste, so I kept some of it and gave it to an orphanage."

The doctor looked relieved at hearing this. "You're not the only one. I took some and donated it to the childrens' hospital."

The lawyer was clearly disgusted at them both. "Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves," he admonished them haughtily. "I wrote him a check of the full amount."