OK, Ive somehow disabled all of my camera card drives, and cant revive them

Enforcer57

I just love this crap. I use my camera card readers pretty rregularly in my computer, but when i put my xd card from my olympus camera in to dnload some pix to my hard drive, and it wasnt showing up.

When i used that little arrow looking thingy in the task bar at the bottom to try and check on it, I somehow made all my card drives disapear. they wont even light up the little green light now and they dont show up in "my computer".

I think they show up in device manager, but it says everything is enabled, but they arent.

What the hell have I done, and how can i get my card readers back in service?

That is all. Thank you.Im going to bed now.

Whew......OK, that worked. I just checked and they are all there, and even the I drive which holds XD olympus cards is showing up again. Man this computer poop.gif freaks me out sometimes.....about like dealing with damn women; totally inconsistent, illogical, and bewildering. Thats why I come to my buds in the outfit.

If I get some good shots of these chicks, Ill post some.......I did get some cleavage here and there. God I love that. Im working on em and turning on the charm, so maybe Ill have some better stuff later.

:romeo:

My employment seems to be a target rich environment for a photographer. Much potential.

PC160122ADJRESIZED.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

on a similar subject.....

I am at a friends house who has a dell machine with a built in card reader, except that it is not working and apparently has not done so for some time !

what should show in the deveice manager for the unit?

the light on the front does not illuminate when a card is inserted

can any one give me some pointers as to get it working

ta

Friar