DangerDogz Move To Discord For Main Comms - Please Vote / Comment ×

Help Required - Need some Math(s) Assistance

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

Salute, I am currently working out how to add some missing cargo elements to the DCS Hercules (a VERY good free mod that adds a whole new experience of logistics and stores delivery to the game, see you do not always have to be putting warheads on foreheads - you can contribute to the war effort in other ways... ;) )

Anyway, when adding cargo the weight is taken into account and does affect the performance.

I am in the process of adding my first two missing items (AGM-114K and AGM-114L) which are "Hellfire" missiles used by the Apache.

As you can see from the pasted script below I have just copied the line from AGM-65D and modified the descriptions where required. I looked up the missiles on Wiki and found their weight (100-108lb) so loading 10 missiles gives me a weight of 100 x 10 = 1000lb. (ignore the mass values as these are copied from the original line. As the weight of the 114's is lighter than the 65D, the mass will be lighter.

What I do not know how to convert is the "MASS" value. You can see from the other examples how it relates to the load weight.

Can anyone tell me please (or point to a good resource) what the formula would be for ILBs to mass?

image.png

• 2. Administrators

I'm not sure that mass value actually relates directly to the weight of the ordinance. Most mass values seem to be within the region of lb's divided by between 17 to 22, although there are some serious outliers in the screenshot you posted like TOW's.

I suspect its just an arbitrary value the mod creator put in.....

I would think just divide the weight in pounds by 20 would do, and keep it in line with the rest of the mod  and the weights of the pallets.

• Thanks 1