why I was AWOL from ops Sunday....was riding my scooter in the mtns (pix)

Enforcer57

Ok, i know, I was AWOL, and I'm sure the outcome of the battle was severely affected. Well, tough. I took my scooter 60 miles to Jasper in the N.Ga. mtns, where it was over 15 degrees cooler (enough to make me wear a fleece jacket the whole time i was riding around there). I had to have some maintenance done by the guy I bought it from....he has a neat shop there called Mountain Moped with all sorts of cool bikes etc.

Anyhoot, I got there at 11 am, and it took longer than I thought, and the sky was a totally clear blue. It was cool, the mountains were all over the place, and I just decided I would explore this place. So here's some of what I did.

This was out in the middle of nowhere......even more than where I live.

DSC00236reduced.jpg

This was some of the territory I was exploring. I don't know the elevation, but it was in the mid 60s. There were motorcycles all over the place.

DSC00230reduced.jpg

There are alot of uptown folks living here with some nice places. You wouldnt believe the view some of these places have overlooking mountains. This was a horse farm I came upon.

DSC00229reduced.jpg

The roads up the mtns were sometimes pretty steep, and my auto three speed stayed in low much of the time. You can see the rd at times winding thru the hills.

DSC00222reduced.jpg

This is Pointy top Mtn......really. Reminds me of a former girlfriend's boobs. I never could find the road to it....but I will. Eventually.

DSC00218reduced.jpg

This is the reason I was hesitant to photograph some of the neat houses and log homes that are up there.......some really nice ones, but some folks have odd things in their yards.....

DSC00231reduced.jpg

Well, not really. Nobody came out yelling "hey pa, somebudy's takin pitcher o the home place!"

Actually, alot of people have alot of money up there. Anyway, that old M-59 APC (forerunner of the M-113) was in front of the smallest American Legion bldg Ive ever seen in Fairmount Ga....a really tiny town at the base of the mtns. I couldnt believe the PVC pipe for the gun in that old M-48 cupola mount for a .50.

Anyway, this is a shot of Bryan's shop....my bike is on the nifty service ramp in the background he just bought. Cool. The bike in the foreground is a cadillac of scooters. A 150CC water cooled engine. My 150 air cooled will go 60. THis thing will go over 70. It's a dealer sample that has 70 miles on it, and normally sells for 3300. He's selling it for 1700. God I wish I had the money right now.