Russian Movie.

Waldo.Pepper

I guess this is aimed at my mates that are local to me ... like Dubbo and Kelly (and you too Arther!) who may be up for another movie night. But if anyone out there really wants to see this movie I suppose that I can arrange something.

9360.jpg

By the cover art you can see that it features the Pe-2 so it is a little bit timely. And I figured that since we are all plane crazy someone else may like to see it.

I have a copy of the movie: The Chronicles of a Dive Bomber. A Russian movie, made in 1967 and mentioned in this thread:

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/ ... 1901089634

It is in black and white, Russian language no subtitles.

It is tough to recommend the movie but I am glad I saw it. Once!

Some pro's and cons.

Your place does have a better TV. mine is a 27incher.

My place has plenty of books!

Your place has the two of you already there.

My place needs a damn good cleaning, remember my rec room (where all the fun is - has never seen a vacuum - but I'm sure I can get the wife to give it a whirl! )

I'm sure there are more pro's and cons.

Your decision! The Russian movie really is a dog though!

Did you manage to get the Dunkirk and Killing Hitler docu dramas to work on your end? If so I can always make a copy of the Russian flick and you can suffer by yourself.

Oh! HA! It's bad on many many levels. I watched it once but I think that's my limit. You won't be able to watch it. Unless you are drunk - and fill in the dialogue with your own funny lines. Will make you copies if you wish.

No need to rent Stalingrad I have a copy some where around here somewhere. A great movie I have somewhere (though not WW2) is The Beast about Russians in Afghanistan.

I have a Russian movie about Afghanistan called "The 9th Company" I was looking for it when you were here and have since found it. Not bad. (It had a $10M budget)

But the subtitles were a bit inaccurate. I had my Russian friend over giving me a running translation as we watched. Much better. I'll get it to you Waldo