animated gifs

Friar

• 1. DDz Quorum

i have done something to my system to stop the gifs running, ie BG's pussy and DT's jug.

i am running firefox 2.0.0.4 (a recent upgrade). do i need to install something?

java is ticked in the tools option

many thanks

Colin.

Have a look at this one colin.. maybe something has done something somewhere!!

Visit about:config and make sure that "image.animation_mode" is set to its default-value "normal".

Then you should see our little friend spinning:

http://jedibattlearena.com/firefox-logo-spin.gif

If that doesn't help, please visit http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/ and follow the links from there to the appropriate technical help sites such as the mozillazine forums, as this forum is for technical issues with the website sfx.com and not for support of the product itself ;-)

Also this:

Animated Images Aren't Animating

When viewing a website with animations, does Firefox display only still images? If so, try the below workaround to see if it will solve your animation problem.

First:

Check your Firefox settings:

Tools | Options | Content | Load Images

Ensure that "Load Images" is enabled

If ZoneAlarm Pro is installed, open the program, go to the Privacy Tab, and click on the custom button. Make sure that the option to block animation is turned OFF.

Other programs such as @Guard can also disable animated .gifs.

Check all other programs and ensure that any option to block animation is disabled.