Tempest Improved in 4.07

Blairgowrie

I saw this posted on UBI Zoo.

ImpStarDuece

Posted Dec 22, 8:21 PM

What an aircraft!

Having played around with 4.07 for a few days now the Tempest has shot to the top of my list of flyables.

The overheat has disappeared! I can now cruise around at 85% throttle/WEP engaged and 330 mph without overheating the engine, and still have a couple of minutes full emergency power when things get hairy.

The Hispano Vs are unsynched! A touch of the trigger is now greeted with a steady stream of 20mm projectiles. Setting up some QMB missions against Ju-88s and He-111s and watching them get smashed by a river of ammunition was fantastic. No more "hit and miss" with the cannon, just drag your line of fire straight through the target.

The handling is superb. Some of the twitchy-ness in the controls has disappeared and the tail doesn't want to flick around anymore. Coming out of turns properly coordinated is beautifully simple, even with my Logitech twisty stick.

All in all, as a fan of the "Brute force brigade " (FW-190A, P-47s, J2Ms and the Tempest) 4.07 couldn't be any better for me.