Mouse problems? Check your Graphics Driver

FlatSpinMan

Salute, gentle fellows,

I was online last night trying to connect to HL with mobius. Problem was, my mouse pointer would appear and disappear at seemingly random intervals all over the menu pages, thus rendering me even more inept and ineffectual than usual. i wrote it off as some start-up glitch or maybe connected to the fact I haven't downloaded the lateest version of HL.

Then today I thought I'd add some detail to the campaign I'm making, so I loaded up IL2 and sure enough - same problem. I couldn't get my mouse to move properly. I checked it was working okay and it was. I checked it with all other programs and it was perfect. I was beginning to fear that my wife had somehow disabled my mouse with IL2 - I wouldn't put it past her - when I remembered I had changed my graphics driver a few days ago while helping a mate out with some game issues. I rolled back and sure enough my mouse glides silkily across the IL2 interface. Who woulda thunked?

Graphics drivers are strange beasts - I get the best performance with the default drivers. Whenever I change them it either prevents me from enabling Perfect mode or else something screwy happens.

Anyway, this may be of some use to another Dog sometime so I thought I'd post it for the generations to come.

I usually run only the boxes listed for REGISTRY, UNNECESSARY, CLEAR FILES,CLEAR HISTORY, MRU

Easy-CLeaner-2.jpg

After you press FIND, the programe will find all the files you want to delete. Then select DELETE ALL, then CLOSE and move to the next area you want to clean.

Simple programe and easy to use. I have had it for several years now.

BG

• 2 weeks later...

Pick up RegSupreme & RegCleaner also m8 and run those too. And now worries, EasyClean and the two programs I mentioned always makes back ups of what they delete. Just as it takes more than one anti-spyware program to keep the shit off your rig, the same holds true for registry cleaners. I do go a bit overboard and use five different registry cleaners myself. But one finds what the other misses for some reason. I have been doing this for a couple years and have had no problems.