Ddlogos A.w.o.l. Has Breeched The Security Barrier...hey There Mates. : )

Logos

Greetings Gentlemen and Ladies if either happens to be residing in the pound these days. Been on a journey but, finally did manage to complete a long time objective of mine. I have recently completed building my first ever computer from scratch. Her name is Demon Slayer and she's a gaming behemoth. At least I think she is. I'll include the specs below. I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit OS and have not been able to install IL2 1946. I saw Fool Trottle offering some assistance on a forum sight but, was not able to make his suggestions work for me. Looking for some assistance to get this thing installed. I am using a VIZIO 32" 1080p tv for a monitor. My old eyes can see me getting slaughtered much better now. If anyone can assist in this process please leave a comment of shoot me a PM or e-mail with a blueprint of how to getr' done. I have moved and no longer have my wonderful hard cable broadband connection to the net. I live in the boonies and have a basic wireless internet connection. I have never tried to online game so not sure it will be adequate for that. Either way I'd still love to get my CH HOTAS set up to fly some coops. I have a bunch of maps and mods from back in the day I got from some folks here. They are on my old PC and will need transferred over to the new machine which is another thing I don't really know how to do. Actually, I am not sure how far the game has advanced since 2009 when I last flew with ya'll I believe. OK, that's the picture. Any advice, suggestions, or a swift kick in my butt would be greatly appreciated. Miss the fun of flying with you guys. What a bunch of characters in this squadron. ~S~ Logos

Case: Antec 900

PSU: Corsair HX750

Mother Board: ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 680 4096MB

Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB

SSD: Intel 240GB 520 Series

HDD: Seagate 3 TB

Media Reader: LG BH14NS40

BTW, I just completed the original version of Far Cry on this thing with everything running maxed out and it was beautiful. I never looked so good getting my face shot off by mercenaries. Ya'll be blessed. DDLogos ~S~

• 2. Administrators

What he said and welcome back Logos! While there's a lot that has changed around here, it's inexplicably stayed the same as well. Good to see you back ~S~

Jabo

• Like 1

Thanks mates. I will continue trying to get this installed. To tell you the truth, it easier to build a computer than operate one. : ) I am aware of Jim's passing. I sure put him through some stuff in my moments of frustration. He was certainly gracious with me. I am sure his presence is missed indeed. I'll give that thread a look to see if it mentions the Windows 7 predicament I am having. Thanks again for your assistance.

• 2. Administrators

You need to be installing IL-2 into a folder other than c:\program files (x86) as the Windows UAC will cause problems if you do. Best bet is to create a folder in the root directory of c:\ and install into that or, if possible, install into a folder on a separate drive. Mine for example is in J:\games\IL-2 1946.

Let me know if you need more help.

Jabo

Thanks Jabo. I was trying to install Left 4 Dead onto my Seagate Barracuda 3 TB Hard Drive and I can't figure out how to direct it to that drive. It wants to install it onto my "C" drive which is the LG Disk drive. Is that possible it would try to do that? I don't know squat about computers. I reckon anyone that remembers me knows I can't function a Windows OS for crap. Quazi used to hold my hand and lead me through this stuff via Team Speak ! LOL ! He was very patient with me. LOL ! I have tried contacting a computer guru friend but, he has a gal and a new baby so it's harder to get him to commit time to assisting me. I have been looking for YouTube tutorials but, haven't found what I need yet. I'll keep trying. Thanks for time time Jabo.

My computer is nearly still a "virgin". I haven't got Team Speak installed yet. Got plenty to do to get everything up and running. Thanks for you kind offer to assist Jabo. You're a great mate. I can remember you taking care of me in the skies more than a few times as well. : ) It might take some time but, I'll be working on this stuff. ~S~