All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. BluBear

Flying Legends 2018

Last chance to get early bird tickets chaps (before 21/5)
  3. Sweper

Piece of Cake - 30 years ago

Good points perf I gotta read that book. I have read Goshawk Squadron which was a good read but not nearly as good as Piece of cake. And, a lot shorter story by the way.
  4. Perfesser

Piece of Cake - 30 years ago

Funny you should say that. I just finished A Good Clean Fight a few weeks back. Pop quiz: your engine is running so rough that you can't read the compass at all to tell what direction is home. Do you: 1. climb till the engine quits and glide home with a stable compass 2. look at the sun and guess at a heading home 3. immediately bail out near the German base you just finished shooting up I can forgive some things in the interest of a good story but doesn't the Tomahawk have a US style compass that stays stable unlike the early navy compass the Hurri and Spit have? Oh it gets better.... the Germans send out a motorcycle and side car to check out the crash site visible by a huge smoke column and find the pilot walking. They can't seem to figure out the way back to their own base they just left !!! so they get the British pilot to navigate back to base for them.. (he's a pilot right... so obviously he knows how to read a compass.. I guess the German compass needs a decoder ring or an enigma machine).. they notice nothing as he takes them miles and miles and miles back to the British base....... The entire book on audio is 21 hrs. I got more out of the 4 hrs of Fighter Pilot.
  5. One would imagine it wasn't fully up at point of impact, but said impact planted the undercarriage into its wells!
  6. Last week
  7. How on earth did he manage to get the gear up before belly landing?
  8. So little time between him turning away from the approach to the airfield, to touchdown in that field! Maybe the video's wide angle did it, but to me it looked like he was much higher there ... To decide to do that at that moment, and keep the aircraft flying as he said... amazing.
  9. Thanks for sharing BB, Unfortunate for Miss Velma, but she will be mended and saved. Fortunate Pilot and nobody got hurt or killed, this do to skilled Pilot. Even thou gear was up, goes to show even highly skilled pilots can be forgetful in extreme situations, but then instantly correct for safest result.
  10. Just watched the entire half hour, well worth it. However, for the short of time, here's the summary video:
  11. Thanks for this Chris. Well found. My heart was in my mouth watching his approach, even knowing the outcome.
  12. Britain's last Dambuster flies again to mark the mission's 75th anniversary http://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-derbyshire-44170331/britain-s-last-dambuster-flies-again-to-mark-the-mission-s-75th-anniversary
  13. Full inflight video and discussion of the incident from Miss Velma's emergency landing last year. A great insight into the decisions and problems with a misfiring engine. Great airmanship. Originally posted on the Key forums.https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/...irport-landinghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBpq...ature=youtu.be And there's me thinking he pulled the pin at the time!
  14. Yes above and I hear good things about the TM T1600 as pretty good among the "affordable" sticks. No comparison to the latest gen of custom sticks.
  15. DD_Arthur

New Game Launcher, New Set Up

Mitchells will be in initial Bodenplatte release as a.i. only. The expectation is that a full, flyable release will follow in the not too distant future. Big modelling and coding job though - they'll be making what amounts to three cockpits for one aircraft.
  16. FoolTrottel

Yes, well, the location of my home town is there, but whether there'll be any thing built there? I doubt it (Would be cool to try and bomb the bridges there though ... Any Mitchell planned already?)
  17. DD_Arthur

This is gonna be one big mother of a map..... https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/?page=5&tab=comments#comment-618203 Will we be able to fly over FT?
  18. Happy Birthday Fen  :)

19. I am running an I5-6600 and a gtx 1060 6gb and a 500w ps and run almost wide open in Box, CLoD, 1946 and a tad lower in DCS and never get south of 60fps normally staying in the 90 -120 range on a 144hz monitor. Same Bazooka mother board. I purposely didn't get anything overclockable to keep myself in check. I have 16gb of DDR4 2133 and will upgrade to 32gb of DDR4 2400 when the cost of ram drops some. Again, file this in the what its worth column 😅!
  20. Hi again Roberts, good to see you here. I agree with FT, BoX likes as fast a cpu as possible. Something over 4Ghz is best. 1060 is a good card if you get the version with 6gig of vram.
  21. Hm, I'd make some different choices... and it might be more expensive These remarks are based on you stating wanting it to fly Great Battles... ! (Recently I upgraded to I7-8700K@4.8Ghz (OC), and 16Gb, still using 970GTX, and results are not perfect, I need to tune a bit more) - CPU: More cores, and a -K version, so you have the possibility to over clock. (So, basically, I am saying get an I7... K. Box appears to be liking CPU cycles) - Disk : Go for a true SSD. Maybe a bit smaller, 500GB should do. (You can always add one or a traditional disk later) - PSU: 550W minimum! Specs for 1060 states minimum is 400W of power! And: What about a Monitor? As in: What resolution will you be running the game at, and/or are you thinkin' VR might be something for you? And then this: 1. Wait for others to chime in 2. Go look around and maybe even ask here: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com as a lot of active players there Good Luck!
  22. Thanks for the welcomes and replys all, appreciated🙂 I Pasted the wrong specs for the computer that i wanted to use for IL2 great battles series. below is the right specs do you think that it will be ok. Sorry not very good at computers and new stuff. Processeur Quad-Core Intel Core i5-7400 (3.0 GHz) Motherboard MSI B250M BAZOOKA 16 Go Ram type DDR4 2400 MHz Disk système SSHD 1 To 7200 tpm Graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3 Go Alimentation 350W Boîtier Moyen Tour Zalman Z11 Plus HF1
  23. Good to see it's fixed now.... good job! 1. The NAME of an enemy will only show up if he's like 5m away. Then NAME of friendly Humans will show up at 1km.. (Why would you want to know who is shooting you down? 😉 ) I will change it, if others are unhappy with that, I will change it back. Then again, I can't imagine anybody having issues with that change) 2. DD's TeamSpeak works fine. But your problem is that it looks like you're the only one using it at the moment ... Not much I can do, except for when we fly as a group to join that Public TS Server (Thursdays from about 21:00 CET). We also have a private TS server, which we normally use. Have Fun!
  24. Thanks a lot again. Yesterday I tryed again to solve the problem, according to your advices, unfortunately without success. So ,I wrote you the last note. I closed then the PC and I went for dinner. Later on I decided to ply for a while and.......everything was working perfectly, as before!! Hopefully the problem is solved. Please do not ask me how and why. It is working with both procedures. However, if I can take advantage of your kindness, I would like to clarify a couple of points. 1- why , most of the times there are no icons of the enemy MANNED planes, and they are showing up only when they are filling me up with bullets! I can undertsnd the IA crates..... 2- Is Team Speak really working in DD?. Each time I'm joining I call for a radio check but , so far, I never got a reply. Thanks again for tour support and patience. Regards. Ilario.
  25. Jabo

Watcha Got Cookin'?

surely the goo squished between my heatsink and CPU would be classed as 'open'
  1. Load more activity