ATI Drivers

Shadow

Hey m8. ATI drivers? What are ATI drivers? I am an Nvidia m8 these days. HEHE

Shadow m8. Most everyone else when referrencing the 6.9's have had nothing but praise about them. Beebop said his 9800XT has better IQ and better fr's on certain maps where he used to have issues. I have read of many m8s on the Ubi forums with similar claims. So I am thinking there is a conflict of interst here between the Powerstrip and the Ultra Mon proggys and the new drivers. I will use an issue I am dealing with as an example. Whenever I decide to update or test new drivers, giving nVidia uses the public at large to beta test their new releases, I have to also uninstall a proggy I use to tweak them called NVTray\NVTweak. If I don't, if I just uninstall\reinstall those drivers without uninstalling and reinstalling that proggy also, I am generally hit with a performance loss in fr's. So when I do a driver change, after uninstalling my drivers, I uninstall that proggy also, then run my registry cleaners berfore reinstalling both, drivers first, then that proggy.

Given you had issues with both of those proggys after the driver update, I would suggest uninstalling the Cat drivers using the Cat Uninstaller. Then using DriverCleaner3 or Pro uninstall any ATI driver entries left over through this program. Then go into Windows Explorer to your C:\Windows\System32 folder and highlight and delete all the files that have "ati" at the beginning of their name. (Unless you are running a mobo that is using an ATI chipset. If so, skip that one and the next one) Once you highlight and delete these files, the ones that are installed with XP will reappear. Then go into your C:\Windows\System32\Drivers folder and do the same thing (heeding the warning above in parenthesis). Highlight and delete all the file entries starting with "ati". Again, those that are installed with XP will reappear. What these last two steps do is get rid of any ati files that were installed with any of your previous Cat driver installs. These last two steps alone have been known to fix many a m8s issues with a new Cat driver install.

Then just for good measure, and to make sure there isn't any further conflicts (that is if there were to start with), uninstall the Powerstrip and Ultra Mon proggys either through an uninstall option within their folders or through the Add\Remove option inside your Control Panel. Afterwards run your registry cleaning program(s). RegSupreme is a safe registry cleaning program, as is RegCleaner, and EasyCleaner by Toni Arts. All of these can be had at www.majorgeeks.com. I personally also use RegSeeker. If you do use RegSeeker, make sure you run it last and once it is finished finding what it does, make sure you select "all green items", right click anywhere on a higlighted entrie, and select Delete. It is very important you make sure that you only select green items. These are safe to delete. Once again, this registry cleaner alone has been known to solve many a m8s troubles. It is a very powerful registry cleaner and should be used very carefully. As long as you use it last, and make sure you select only the green items, you will have no issues at all. Now some m8s think I am nuts for using so many registry cleaners. Well, just like anti-spyware cleaners, there is no one registry cleaner that can find them all. These four I mentioned here I have been using quite regularly for a couple years and have never deleted and registry entry that I needed. Take comfort in knowing they all make a backup of what they delete so if ever you are having issues with any program(s) after cleaning your registry, you can always go back and restore any registry entries you deem fit or need to.

After all this, I always recommend a hard drive defrag. Then reinstall your Cat drivers first. Then the other two programs.

I know this seems like alot m8, but it is my best advice to get your shit working correctly, and to get those 6.9's giving you what they are giving other m8s are getting, which seems to be quite a boost.

Hope this is helpful m8 K9 bro!

Quazi