Bloody Luftwaffe

Zooly

I had something similar last month at work Zooly.

Workers were digging up a playground outside my work in order to re-development it, and when I came back to my office from lunch, the whole area was ringed off and police on every road corner.

The workers had found about a dozen of unexploded mortar bombs.

I had something similar last month at work Zooly.

Workers were digging up a playground outside my work in order to re-development it, and when I came back to my office from lunch, the whole area was ringed off and police on every road corner.

The workers had found about a dozen of unexploded mortar bombs.

I guess that adds a new dimension to "delayed action" bombs. That's amazing how common Luftwaffe ordinance is around England. I'm sure that stuff turns up in Germany and Japan as well, but for some reason it isn't reported very much. I guess so much was concentrated on London itself.

They still commonly find ordinance around Verdun from WW1, so they will still be finding this stuff a century from now.

I guess that adds a new dimension to "delayed action" bombs. That's amazing how common Luftwaffe ordinance is around England. I'm sure that stuff turns up in Germany and Japan as well, but for some reason it isn't reported very much. I guess so much was concentrated on London itself.

They still commonly find ordinance around Verdun from WW1, so they will still be finding this stuff a century from now.