Why would switch files from 408 etc say "access denied"?

Enforcer57

Ok, im ttrying to experiment with the mods on my notebook computer which runs il2 just fine. Now i got the 4.09 patch installed, but the switch files and their shortcuts just say access denied (in a nano second in that little black box), and I cnt figure out how to get around that. Ive moved stuff all around and messed with it forever, but I can't get this to function like it does on my regular computer. Any ideas?

Typical of my experience with this stuff.

It's teh standa4rd path to 1946, the same one htat it's written into the zip.

THis is doing the same thing with the damn winzip i just installed whenever I try to unzip a zip file. The properties say its a read only file, but I can't get it to give me permission to change it, and it changes it back whenever I uncheck that goddamn box and just keeps asking me more damn question boxes that make no sense at all to me, but the RAR files work smoothly. Thisis on a vista labtop keep in mind, and I only just put winzip on it two days ago for this project. I've done nothing to limit my use for using this damn thing toher than requiring a password to access the it.....again, it gave me no choice when I first got the damn computer and it would not work unless I did the password thing. poop.gif.

I KNEW this kinda thing would happen, which is why i didnt do this on my main computer.

Now, no matter what I try to unzip, if its a ZIPFILE adn not a RAR, it says "access denied, can't create folder/file "whatever. It can't make the mod folder for some reason in other dnloads.

Im tying to get vpmedias skin mod to work with the 93 mod,which I finally got to function, although I can't get itout of Rusn into english because I can't get the english career mod to work....the 93 mod was a RAR, while the other two are ZIPs.

Both the zips tell me access denied, it can;t make a folder etc. I was using winzip classic.

I used the wizard, and after I got it out of asking for some damn favorite zip file crap, I managed to unzip it into a seperate unzipped file in my documents. There was a mod folder with it in it, and the skin mod was in that folder. However, there is no mod folder in my 46 folder, despite the fact that it is functioning (albeit in rusn). THere is a file called MODACT, but no MOD file.

So I made my own and am gonna try it that way with teh skin mod just copied into it, but I kinda doubt it will work since I didn't recite the entire goddamn theory of relativity to it or some such Microsoft inspired crap. I dunno who designs this stuff, but they get way to much money for doing way too damn little. Yeah, Im kinda irritated at this point and would love to go to MS hq with an M-203, because I know it's gotta have something to do with damn Vista.

:riot:

Ok, I took it to circuit city and told them I'd llike to get control back of the laptop I bought from them. They went into the control panel and switched off that security crap that activated itself.

Now I can get the stuff to unzip, and even can get the switch files to work now. Sheesh.

Some freaking instructions about finding the solution to controlling this shit lies in the control panel would've been nice, rather than that stupid diatribe that no normal human could figure out.