Saitek Aviator joystick glich?

Hi all,

Bought a new Saitek aviator joystick, and sometimes when throttleing back around 25 percent power or less, the guns fire on thier own, no finger on triggers, have reinstalled drivers & software, updated both as well on saiteks site, still does it occasionally and so far only with Spit's?:huh:

Anyone heard of this one? Settings problem, have check all looks correct, may take it back for exchange, any suggestions.

Cheers.

really dont think its your joystick if it only happens with one type of plane- if there were spiking signals from the stick then it would happen in them all

some things to try

1) test the joystick in the control panel in windows and make sure all the buttons work and throttle is smooth

2) download and install il2 joycontrol from here

Hi delta7, I believe I repaired the throttle firing guns issue, I removed all key commands to fire guns in the IL2 game controls screen, and set them to only being actvated useing the appropriate joystck trigger buttons.

Not sure but may have been accidently with out realiseing at times I was probably leaning on the enter button (fire gun 1) when reaching for the throttles, my fault for not noticing it earlier, lol.

Exchanged joystick for the same, was still doing it, figured it had to be somthing I was doing wrong, eliminateing the fire guns keybord commands should correct this.

As for the SST software, I havn't configured anything yet, as it seems to do well with out it, will later so I can add more joystick assignments.

Cheers.