Task manager disabled by administrator?!?! IM the bloody administrator! HUH?

Enforcer57

ok, now when i get some crap that wont respond, i try to g4et teh task manager up, but i get this smart ass bill gates type message that says the administrator has disabled it. This computer isnt on some damn network. IM THE GODDAMN ADMINASTRATOR, AND I HAVEN'T DISABLED A DAMN THING. Yes, I'm liable to disable the heart and lungs of some college boy programmer, but I can't get it to activate, and theres some crap running deosnt want to quiit, but I cant figure out what it is. Ive scanned it witi AVG and my firewall is up, but I cant find any virus etc.

Any advice as to what I gotta do to enable my task manager without rebooting? Im trying to upload a bunch of photos to my photography site on myspace (which is kinda nightmarish itself, but its' got lots of room) and I dont want to interupt it if I can avoid it. And im in too much of a hurry to check the damn spelling. I just want control of my computer. That is all.

:soapbox:

I've come across some things that disable the control panel access with a similar message even though you ARE still an Administrator.

Here's something you can try:

1. Download Spybot search and destroy: SpyBot Search and Destroy Download Page

2. Update it after installation and the run a check and fix any problems found.

sounds like something nasty to me.

I often have to fix friends PCs that are running slow and this is a major symtom

lazy maleware/trojen producers often disable task mnager/ regedit and MSconfig so you cant see what nasty things are running/starting.

Safemode can help .then run more than one spyware remover... BBlokes Spybot search and destroy is good , adaware is good and FREE. Ive never found ONE product that will find every thing.

Depending on how much info is on the PC its often quicker and easier to format and reinstal the OS.... and boy does it run sweat the first time it runs....

Roger, Im running spyware doctor now, and am gonna get some more stuff. I suspected such as I saw what looked like a small word processor screen flash on for a fraction of a second. I go to several photography sites that are usually safe, but I got a locked up screen at one of them where I have a small portfolio listed. I have a bad feeling about that. Reformatting isnt an option right now, as I have too much stuff on here, especially photographic work that's in progress that I'm trying to promote.

Ive gotten rid of such crap before, so Ill try it again. Thanx comrades. Im going to be busier than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs thru new yrs, so I dunno how much time Ill have to check it. Ill be offline in Atlanta 28th thru the 1st working.

I really would like to execute a few of these assfaced bastages in horrific ways......i could sleep quite well afterwards......maybe sell a video of it to those "faces of death" video guys.

:spank:

• 2. Administrators

Yep, spybot works for me pretty much every time I'm faced with a PC running in 'kin slow mode.

Just a quick point though Enforcer, what anti-virus/anti-spyware are you running at present and are you confident that's it's keeping itself updated?

Jabo