Old photos I've found & scanned

Streak

Several years back we had a big fire here. We had been camping up the canyon that weekend and while unpacking the truck I noticed smoke in the mouth of the canyon. The fire department had already been notified when I called, but it was to late. It quickly spread into a massive fire that took over a week to bring under control & came within a quarter mile of our home that first evening.

Scarry stuff standing in the front yard & seeing a solid wall of fire that close. It sounded like a jet engine without the electric whine & we could feel the heat as if standing right next to a large camp fire.

Anyway, here are some pics I took of the fire as it progressed & a couple of the planes fighting it.

scan005.jpg

scan006.jpg

scan003.jpg

scan004.jpg

scan007.jpg

scan008.jpg

Several years back we had a big fire here. We had been camping up the canyon that weekend and while unpacking the truck I noticed smoke in the mouth of the canyon. The fire department had already been notified when I called, but it was to late. It quickly spread into a massive fire that took over a week to bring under control & came within a quarter mile of our home that first evening.

Scarry stuff standing in the front yard & seeing a solid wall of fire that close. It sounded like a jet engine without the electric whine & we could feel the heat as if standing right next to a large camp fire.

Anyway, here are some pics I took of the fire as it progressed & a couple of the planes fighting it.

scan005.jpg

scan006.jpg

scan003.jpg

scan004.jpg

scan007.jpg

scan008.jpg