On Safairi AMazing Footage

BBloke

I think those guys were hunting something else and got jumped by the lion. They are very bad shots btw. That's the reason one should carry a powerful sidearm when hunting. I couldnt believe they didnt hit it on the ground beside them. If you have a bolt action rifle, you don't have the luxury of missing on your first shot. They started shooting too soon (sort of like dogfighting). Very bad tactics.

I've been jumped by a pack of wild dogs more than once yrs ago in my adventures in the hills around here, but the last time that happened they made the mistake of jumping a guy (me) with an AR-15 carbine with several 30 rd mags of softpoints. I won btw. I wasn't hunting, but I never went out in the woods in these hills without expecting to run into Jurassic park refugees.

A wild pit bull (believe it or not) tried to jump me one night when I had the same weapon shortly after I mounted an aimpoint site which lites up the reticle. He lost to, despite the near total lack of light. He did get pretty close though.

The first time was at night when I was 16, but I had my marlin goose gun (35" barrel) and my trusty 4" .38 Taurus (popgun). The shotgun was extremely effective (got two), but I put two .38 cal 158grn semi wadcutters in one HUGE dog's side as it made a pass at me and it kept going. I saved my money and replaced it with a 6" .357 mag.

I won't even mention the crazy ass doberman that attacked me when I got outta my car one night here in the stix in my own damn yard.......he took all 14 9mm JHPs from the magazine and won't be attacking anyone else. The owner trained this dog to be extra mean, then turned him loose every night for him to reek havoc. I wanted to shoot the owner actually.

:spank:

I love dogs, but this place had a problem for a while with packs of these wild jobs running around attacking cattle and people. I usually just scared em off, but at night they do this lion imitation and you don't have time to F around with them. This was many yrs ago, and is kinda rare now.

:knight:

Therefore I am somewhat qualified to make such comments.